Wednesday, September 4, 2019

The Life of... Nichole - Part I

So I figured I need to do a post about me! I know you’re all just dying to know my deepest, darkest secrets! :) I’m going to call these “The Story of…” because I know I’ll eventually have lots of stories to tell!


I grew up in the capital of Illinois better known as Springfield. I went to a small south side grade school, which eventually led to move into the New Berlin school district. I started at Loami Middle School when I was in 6th grade, I finished high school at New Berlin Jr/Sr High School in 2014. In high school, I was in a variety of clubs, Key Club and Art Club mostly. Throughout my younger years I was in Dance until i was 11, then I took karate until I was 14. I first met Calvin in college, but more on him another day. :) After I graduated high school, I went to Lincoln Land Community College. At LLCC I studied Journalism and Elementary Education. I even joined the college newspaper, The Lamp where I made some amazing friends. In high school, I wanted to be a journalist. I wanted this because I loved having the ability to ask people questions then be able to write an article about that topic. I was dead set on be a magazine editor, so Journalism was one of my majors.

My high school graduation

In college, I never really got a job or at least in a workplace building. I always had random jobs through the internet and writing for companies (freelance writing).My second semester I had gotten a student-worker job at our child development center, this job made me want to become a teacher for Elementary leveled students. So I chose to have a double major in Elementary Education. This helped me decide if I ever needed I could have another job in Journalism if I ever needed to.


During my third year of college, I transferred to an online university to travel with my new husband. Calvin decide to re-enlist into the Marine Corps for another 8 years. After we were married we moved to Atlanta. I had just started my Elementary classes this semester, but I had two years of Journalism courses already in the bag. PLUS I had my associates degree. Although, I  quickly found out that doesn't get you very far. So, here I was finishing both degrees in Atlanta thinking about being a freelancer as I was in school, just to bring in a  little extra money and I did. The plan was to finish getting my bachelor's in both areas, but I also didn't think of how much money it cost to finish online. So I finished getting my bachelor's degree in Journalism and chose to wait a year on finishing my degree in Elementary Education. It felt devastating to wait such a long period of time to finish my degree because I felt like I was failing at life. I just never realized my dreams were just changing.


I’ll end this here and finish up tomorrow!

Did you ever have a dream job? Are you working at it now?
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment